» About us » Go Green
Green is the way to go. At least that is what we at IQR believe in.
With efforts geared towards environmental friendly practices globally, we realize that green measures will add up where they really matter: the bottom line.
At IQR, we have a “Go Green” Committee whose objective is to allow all employees to be part of an environmental cause. Current initiatives:
- More Work, Less Energy: IQR’s nature of business is such that computers are the central tool at work. With setting up computers to energy saving settings and by making sure that we shut down all power appliances when we leave office premises, we do our bit for the environment. Printers, scanners, and other peripherals that are used only occasionally are unplugged until they are needed in our office.
- Digitize: It does seem a bit strange that in the "digital age" we still consume enormous amounts of mashed up, bleached tree pulp, most of which gets used once or twice and then tossed or recycled. The greenest paper is no paper at all, so we try to keep things digital and dematerialize whenever possible. We believe the more we do online, the less we need paper.
- Don't Be a Paper Pusher: We choose printers and photocopiers that have double-sided printing options. We use misprints as notepaper.
- Greening the Commute: We encourage our employees to reduce air pollution and conserve gas by carpooling, taking public transit, biking, walking, or a creative combination thereof.
- Use Green Materials: We gather information on stores which carry organic items be it clothes, stationery, office supplies etc. and share it with our colleagues.
- Green Birthday: The thought of a Birthday brings visions of gifts in special wrapping paper. But our colleagues are usually happy to receive their own special sapling! Of course, there is still cake! Our tummies don’t always want to go green.
- Recycling: We segregate wet and dry waste and make sure the waste reaches the appropriate place for recycling. We hope to soon work with an authorized recycler of e-waste, to send in our used phones, chargers and accessories.
Our Green Committee’s initiatives aim to develop a green culture within our office and we hope that our colleagues will to take this forward to society. We all dream to see a greener world in the future.